near Augrabies
Tel: +27 (0) 82 429 4811
OutdoorPAGES Membership
Join OutdoorPAGES Today
Become a better angler
http://www.outdoorpages.co.za
 Ads by OutdoorPAGES 
FISHING >> FRESH WATER
Go BackGo Forum HomeRefresh this pageFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

THREAD DETAILS

Post New Reply      THREAD DETAILS VIEWS = 2091
 2 days fishing away.
gm
23-Jul-2008 20:18

Hi guys. I have to go to Middleburg sometime soon and am looking for a dam between Middleburg and Nelspruit, preferably nearer Middleburg and would like to take a couple of days off to do some fishing in the warmer climate. Anybody have any info for me on carp fishing dams in this area and possibly names or contact numbers. Needs to have a chalet or two....... gm

[ VIEW LAST POST ]

REPLY #1

RE: 2 days fishing away.
rocky
24-Jul-2008 07:46

witbank dam. pienaar dam. belfast dam.

REPLY #2

Nicky
24-Jul-2008 08:09

Go for Pienaardam!!

REPLY #3

gm
24-Jul-2008 08:37

thanks guys.... where exactly is Pienaarsdam. can you give me any info on Belfast. this sounds good... gm

REPLY #4

Nicky
24-Jul-2008 09:06

Pienaar dam is in Middelburg, next to the N4 Highway. When you get to MBurg from Pta, turn right and follow the directions. Very easy.

REPLY #5

gm
24-Jul-2008 20:39

thanks for this info guys, can anybody give me any details on Belfast. Contact nos.... is there anywhere near Moshadardorp......... I know of trout fishing, but am a carp meisie.... don't mind nearer Nelspruit.... would appreciate your help... thanks gm

REPLY #6

louis
25-Jul-2008 05:59

go for klaserie

REPLY #7

fontein
25-Jul-2008 08:52

your best bet would be Kwena dam (Braam Raubenheimer) brilliant dam for carp,there is unfortunately very meager fasilities ,and the wind is always bothering in the afternoons ,but in my mind one of the most underated dams in the old tvl ,talk to the guys at the local shop in Lydenburg they will tell you where to go ,i would not wast the time and money at Klaserie ,although the setting is fassinating the fishing is poor ,even for the spesimen guys these days .

REPLY #8

gm
26-Jul-2008 10:27

thanks Fontein, spoke to the guy at the shop in Lydenberg, and he has told me about the dam. my main concern is safety, being a meisie on my own, but he tells me the entrance to dam is next to a police station and is quite safe. I am not worried about facilities, have to be a bush baby if you fish..... also has put me on to a guest house in Lydenberg which sounds nice. thanks for your help. have you any idea on dips etc.. for that dam.... gm

REPLY #9

fontein
28-Jul-2008 09:03

no ,but fish it like you would normally

[ BACK TO TOP ]
 Did you know?

To make the forum more manageable OutdoorPAGES archives all posts older than 20 days. Use our ALL Posts or Forum Search features to access posts older than 20 days. The Forum Search feature allows you to search topics discussed on this forum since its inception in 2003. Just think how much info is contained in this resource. Want to become a better angler? Go Forum Search Now!!!

Copyright OutdoorPAGES. All rights reserved. No article or picture may be reproduced\published without the written consent of OutdoorPAGES.
The opinions expressed by authors and contributors does not necessarily reflect the viewpoint or policy of OutdoorPAGES.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

pub-8107763361343301